What are some common causes of blindness? Blindness is a condition in which a person is no longer able to see or even tell the difference between light and darkness in both eyes. However, it may also refer to severe Read more…
- CNIB celebrates century of change with $1.125-million giftPhoto: Vicky Baker, Early Intervention Specialist, CNIB & granddaughter of Colonel Edwin Baker, CNIB Founder and Brit Smith, philanthropist & CNIB supporter share stories at the CNIB Kingston office. [Photo credit: Rob Mooy] TORONTO, Ontario — When Kingston's Brit Smith, 97, fought in the Second World War, he had no idea it would spark […]
- CNIB Kicks Off 100th Year with Launch of Guide Dog Training ProgramVolunteer Puppy Raisers Needed in Toronto, Winnipeg and Halifax CNIB is beginning its 100th year with the launch of the CNIB Guide Dog Program to raise and train guide dogs – exclusively for people with sight loss. The program's first two puppies have arrived in Canada, with more pups expected over the next year. The […]
- Introducing the CNIB National Youth Council Leadership AwardThe CNIB National Youth Council (NYC) is proud to announce it is launching its first-ever CNIB National Youth Council Leadership Award. The award will recognize a blind and partially sighted youth who is reaching above and beyond to make a difference in their community, province, or country. To be eligible for the award, applicants must be […]
- CNIB launches Vision Loss Rehabilitation CanadaNew brand for best-in-class rehabilitation services nationwide CNIB is proud to announce a new brand for our rehabilitation services, in recognition of the successful integration of vision loss rehabilitation therapy into the continuum of health care. This new brand, Vision Loss Rehabilitation Canada, is strongly positioned as a leader in providing professional, high-quality sustainable rehabilitation […]
- Please be advised that annual tax receipts for monthly donations made in 2016 were mailed on February 14, 2017Please be advised that annual tax receipts for monthly donations made in 2016 were mailed on February 14, 2017. If you have not yet received your tax receipt, please call us at 1-800-563-2642. Thank you for your support!