Living With Vision Loss
Vision loss can be overwhelming. But there are many ways you can continue to do things for yourself. We can show you how!
We offer individual training, small classes and community workshops to show you how to do all life's daily activities with vision loss.
Next Steps: Individual and Group Training
Our New Visions classes teach you how to do everyday tasks in new ways so you can maintain your independent and live life to the fullest!
Take control of your life by learning how to
- write legible, take notes you can read and record private financial transactions,
- Enhance vision with magnification, lighting and contrast,
- organize personal space -- from a closet to a kitchen to a wallet,
- continue favorite pastimes like reading, sewing and knitting;
- do laundry or other household chores, and
- other daily tasks like dialing a phone or ironing a shirt.
Our individual and group training are free of charge and require no referral. See a description of all our Next Steps topics or check out our calendar for a list of Next Steps classes.
New Visions: Community Workshops
Our New Visions workshops offer education and training on specific topics including, Dining with Confidence, home safety, personal grooming and many others. These workshops are offered at community sites. See a description of all our New Visions workshops or check out our calendar to see if there is a New Visions workshop scheduled in your community.
For more information about any of these option, or to schedule an appointment, please contact Polly Abbott by email or at 312-236-8569.